Saturday, November 11, 2006

Harold Ford Says Race Wasn't A Factor

Harold Ford Jr. from Tennessee has stated recently that he doesn't believe race was a factor in the race for the U.S. Senate seat in Tennessee. The International Herald Tribune reports:

"I was born how I was and I just ran the best race I could," said Ford, who would have become the South's first black senator in more than a century if he had defeated Republican Bob Corker.

"I have no regrets at all," the Memphis Democrat said on a tour to thank his political supporters. "I am more thankful than anything that so many people across this great state gave me a chance to share my views, and I am even more thankful that they allowed me to listen to them."

Read more.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]