Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Deval Patrick Reflects on the Role of Race in His Gubernatorial Campaign

The Chicago Defender reported today on Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate, Deval Patrick, and how he thinks about race in his campaign. They quote Patrick as saying:

"I know and knew before I started this that win or lose, I would have to look myself in the mirror," Patrick says in an interview with the NNPA News Service. "And so I wanted to be sure that I was doing this in a way that respected my own fundamental integrity. And that means all of the dimensions of who I am. I'm a Black man. I'm proud of that. I'm also a father and a husband of 20-plus years and have had times when we were trying to pay the rent and the heat in the same month just like a whole lot of other people."
Read more.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]